My name is Melissa, but you can call me "Missy".
I'm a photography graduate from Seattle, WA and officially opened the doors to my small business in 2012. When I'm not busy creating photo stories, I'm working on my other passion, which is creating marketing and branding strategies for small to large companies across the nation.
I've done all types of portrait and event photography over the past 17 years, but as of 2016 I realized my favorite thing to do is create beautiful portraits for people. -Portraits that not only make you look and feel amazing, but are treated as family heirloom pieces for all time.
Many of my portrait clients believe that they aren't photogenic and even admit that they hate having your photo taken. -I promise you that my photo shoots are easy and fun and an experience that you will never forget.
I also recently found a love for helping brands and businesses create stunning images that highlight what they do best. I consider my visual branding photo shoots to be something that is far beyond a standard headshot because now-a-days businesses need to be able to also show their audience what they are about and what their experience is like when working with them. I'm more excited than ever to work with entrepreneurs by crafting a cohesive collection of imagery that will represent their brand.
A few more things about me
- I'm inspired by fashion and editorial photography and anything Annie Leibovitz does
- I picked up my first camera when I was 16 years old - it was a Minolta SR-T 101 (35mm film) with a 50mm lens
- I was tomboy growing up and asked my friends and family to call me "Scotty" until I was 15
- I played softball competitively for 20 yrs as an infielder and won state titles with both women's and coed teams
- I'm a yearly beach vacationer; Hawaii and Cannon Beach being my faves
- I was born and raised and currently reside in the Seattle area, but my roots and heart belong in Hawaii
- I. Heart. Wine. (Specifically Rombauer Chardonnay)
- I have a sweet tooth and must have dessert every night
- I'm married to the sweetest man, Jimmy, and we're expecting our first child fall 2017!
- I have the cutest fur baby, Suki (#Sukithelharkie) - she cracks me up and keeps me sane on the daily
I can't wait to meet and get to know you!